Sunday, December 11, 2011

Never rains til it pours...

Quite a while back there was a discussion on the CFFA discussion forums about a native driver for the CFFA card for CP/M. While at the time all I had was a Softcard clone, I was interested to see that Bob Applegate had developed the initial version of a native driver for Applicard CP/M and the CFFA. Unfortunately after letting us know the driver was underway Bob got busy with other things! 

Fortunately, after persistent bugging (sorry Bob!) he was kind enough to mail me disks for the driver (his hardware is currently non-functional) and I have posted the driver. There are two places where you may get hold of this code.


On Sourceforge there is now an active project for the driver at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cffaapplicard/

Also, I have uploaded the code, driver and disk images to the Apple CP/M conference, at:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/applecpm/files/Apple%20II/Cards/APPLI-CARD/gtulloch/

The state of the driver is IN DEVELOPMENT and while it appears to be functional there are probably lots of bugs and opportunities for optimization. Do not use this driver with data you care about! I have a CF card devoted to testing this driver to avoid potentially losing data.

On my queue after I get my CFFA booting CP/M directly and my CFFA3000 plugged in (been a busy week!) I'll write up my first testing experiences with Bob's driver. I guess I need to set up a development environment for Applicard drivers as well. More retro-goodness, I love it! Just wish I had more hours in the day...

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
    cpm formula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across to reading your blog it serve very useful information about the interiors thank u
    Web Traffic Deals

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about half an hour. I am a newbie and your post is valuable for me.
    Rogue Valley CPA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    positionnement entreprise

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it would be, once my friend gave me lecture about modesty it was amazing and heart touching.
    agence web offshore agadir

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're soooo talented in writing. God is truly utilizing you in tremendous ways.
    positionnement entreprise

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks… I’ve been bookmarking them for a while now and just decided to create a post to provide them to others…
    référencement marketing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I really appreciate all the great content you have here. I am glad I cam across it!
    increase website traffic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! Join Solartis June 22-25, 2016 at the DISC Conference in Atlanta, GA.

    DISC conference

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the most incredible blogs Ive read in a very long time. The amount of information in here is stunning, like you practically wrote the book on the subject. Your blog is great for anyone who wants to understand this subject more. Great stuff; please keep it up!
    traffic exchange earn money

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work and all information about the entrepreneur that's are very amazing well done.
    entrepreneur

    ReplyDelete